Please be aware we are unable to meet urgent requests for repeat prescriptions unless they are for the following medications.
Any urgent prescription requests which do not fall into these categories, we will try to process as soon as possible but please be aware this is unlikely to be the same day. (Prescription processing takes 72 to 96 working hours after receiving a request)
You can order your prescription on time through online applications such as the NHS App or drop your paper requests to any of the LMP surgeries. Your chemist may also be able to give you an immediate emergency supply (subject to a charge) if needed.
- Reliever Asthma Inhalers: Salbutamol, Ventolin, Ipratropium, Terbutaline, Bricanyl – usually blue but not always
- Steroid Tablets: Prednisolone, Dexamethasone
- Adrenaline Auto-Injectors: Epipen, Jext, Emerade
- Anti-Psychotics: Lithium, Aripiprazole, Olanzapine, Quetiapine (sondate/Seroquel), Risperidone, Haloperidol, Amisulpride
- Anti-Depressants: Sertraline, Venlafaxine, Mirtazapine, Citalopram, Vortioxetine, Trazodone
- Warfarin and other Blood thinners: Rivaroxaban, Apixaban, Dabigatran, Edoxaban
- Anti-Parkinson’s Drugs: Sinemet, Madopar, co-careldopa, co-beneldopa, sastravi, stanek, stalevo
- Immunosuppressants: Azathioprine, Methotrexate, Ciclosporin, Mycophenolate
- Palliative Care Medications : Buprenorphine Patches (butec/butrans), Fentanyl Patches (matrifen), Morphine (zomorph, MST, oramorph), Oxycodone (shortec/longtec/oxycontin/oxynorm) Midazolam, Cyclizine and any others
- Anti-Convulsants (epilepsy medication) ONLY if being used for epilepsy: Carbamazepine, Gabapentin, Lamotrigine, Levetiracetam, Phenytoin, Sodium Valproate (epilim), Topiramate
- Insulin: Lantus, Novorapid, Humulin, Humalog, Tresiba, Levemir, Actrapid, Insuman, Insulatard
- GTN spray
- Glucose/Dextrose gel or tablets