Non-urgent advice: Cervical Screening (Smear) Appointments – Now available to book online
Our patients are now able to book cervical screening (smear) appointments directly via the NHS App, Patient Access and the myGP app. See below for details on how to sign up to these services.
Please note that you should only book into these appointments if you are eligible for cervical screening – i.e. you have been invited by the practice or have received a letter from Primary Care England. We reserve the right to cancel your appointment, or the clinician may decline to see you if you have booked the appointment inappropriately.
Further appointment types will be available to book soon.
Online Consult is our new service which provides a ‘digital front door’ to the practice by guiding you through a series of questions to determine what your query is (both administrative and medical), and what the next steps should be. If general practice is the most appropriate option for you, we will be notified and one of our team will give you a call in the timeframe shown on screen.
You do not need to register for online services to access Online Consult.Access Online Consult
Online services allow you to:
- book directly into certain appointment types
- check or cancel your appointments
- order repeat prescriptions
- see parts of your health record, including information about medicines, vaccinations and test results
- see communications between your GP surgery and other services, such as hospitals
How to register for Online Services
For most people, there is no need to contact the practice to sign up to the NHS App. Instead, you can verify your identity by:
- Taking a photo of your ID (passport, UK or EU driving licence, or European national identity card) using your phone.
- Recording a short video of your face while you say 4 numbers, or use your camera to scan your face.
Other Online Services
To register for alternative online services you will need to:
- Ring the surgery, use Online Consult or visit reception at one of our surgeries so we can confirm your identity.
- After your identity has been verified, our IT department will be notified and they will send your credentials to you via email.
- Enter the credentials in Patient Access or the myGP app. You can also use these details to register on the NHS App if you could not prove your identity online.