We are a ‘Research active’ practice which means we take part in a wide range of studies. As of August 2019, LMP has been officially granted Research Ready accreditation to reflect our commitment to high quality research. Research helps to enhance knowledge on how to treat conditions, prevent illnesses and form the best care across society and within the NHS. Volunteering to get involved may mean filling in questionnaires, surveys, talking to one of the research team, or trialling a new treatment or drug.
Our base is at the University site, but we are active across all sites. We are a small team but growing, and want to get as many patients involved in research as possible.
A strict code of conduct is at the heart of all of our work to make sure data is always confidential.
You can find more information on the GDPR guidelines that we follow here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
If you would like to talk to one of our research nurses about participating in a study, or have a query about research, you can call 01524 518667 or 01524 518669 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
You can also find out more information about research at the National Institute for Health Research website: https://www.nihr.ac.uk/
Helen Wadeson – Research Nurse
Angie Hall – Research Nurse
Dr Mike Wong – Principal Investigator
Dr Andy Gallagher – Deputy Principal Investigator
Ruth Dunstan – Administrative support
– Principle trial: https://www.principletrial.org/
– Virus Watch study: https://ucl-virus-watch.net/
– RAPTOR-C19 trial
– Bisoprolol in COPD Study: https://w3.abdn.ac.uk/hsru/BICS/Public/Public/index.cshtml
– Cancer: Life Affirming Survivorship support in Primary care Programme (RENEWEDonline): https://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/academic_units/projects/clasp.page?#project_overview%0A
– METNA: A cross-sectional, electronic survey to validate a new methotrexate treatment adherence tool in rheumatoid arthritis (RA)
The team is also encouraging participation in the following research studies, which can be accessed through the links below: